Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brewing, not blogging

Haven't done a lot of brewing and even less blogging about it since my last post over a year ago, but I did brew a couple batches in the intervening months with my old brewing buddy Rick. Our first run was an epic failure, attempting a double batch of the mini brew kegs which we seemed to have bottled way too early.

Before that one even bit the dust, we'd brewed another batch of our old standby, an Oktoberfest recipe which never failed us in the past. We timed the batch to be ready for my annual 4th of July bash, so we kegged it rather than bottling it. Our bottle supply was set aside for the batch which would ultimately fail, anyway.

The Oktoberfest batch came out good if not great, and I think it's because we primed with DME instead of the usual priming sugar. Will stick with priming sugar for that recipe from now on.

New post coming up with details on most recent batch.

No comments: